NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These are the Official Rules of Praxis Social Media Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Praxis Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”).
1. Who Can Enter: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, other participating sponsors and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers, distributors, manufacturers, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of the immediate family of all such employees (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: An individual participating in the Sweepstakes shall be known as an Entrant. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant will fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules, and to abide by and accept all of Sponsor’s Sweepstakes decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon full compliance with the Official Rules.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes:
A. Timing: The Sweepstakes entry period (“Entry Period”) begins on February 16, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 25, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET, and a total of six Random Drawings (“Random Drawings”) will take place between February 23, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET and February 25, 2016 at 5:00p.m. Two winners will be announced each day between February 23, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET and February 25, 2016 at 5:00p.m . ET.
Sponsor’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
B. Sweepstakes Entries: An Entrant can enter the Sweepstakes by following one of the following Sponsor’s social media channels:
Following more than one of Sponsor’s social media channels will increase an Entrant’s chance to be randomly picked. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be considered to have been made by the authorized account holder of the social profile that followed Sponsor’s social media channel. The winner must validate ownership of the social profile by responding back from a message sent to their profile inbox from Sponsor. The Entrant may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she the authorized account holder of such social media profile. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes his or her social media profile during the Sweepstakes Period. By following Sponsor’s social media channels and accepting the prize Entrant agrees that its Entry conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may not post said entry and disqualify Entrant from the Promotion if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that said entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
4. Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions:
A. Entry Guidelines: The Entrant must follow at least one of the following social media channels:
B. Entry Restrictions: The Entrant must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement on Entrant’s own social media profile;
- The Entrant must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- The Entrant must not contain any brand names or trademarks on Entrant’s social media profile that do not rightfully belong to them or have a legal right to Entrant.
- The Entrant’s social media profile must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- The Entrant’s social media profile must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Entrant’s social media profile must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of any state.
5. Entrant’s Assignment of Rights: In the event that Entrant is selected as a winner during the Sweepstakes, and chooses to accept the prize, Entrant shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the ability to share the Entrant’s first name and last name to communicate the winner publically. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Entrant further covenants and agrees that Sponsor and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of the winning Entrant’s first name or last name thereof now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to evidence the assignment of rights described herein.
6. Determination and Claiming of Prizes:
A. Prizes: All eligible entries (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be submitted to a random drawing. The Entrants that are picked will each win one (1) prize. There will be two winners per day between February 23, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET and February 25, 2016 at 5:00p.m. Each prize shall consist of one (1) $25 Amazon Gift Card. Amazon and its related companies are not affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
B. Disputes as to Entries: In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the social media profile that followed Sponsor’s social media channels will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned on the social media profile by LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and/or Google. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
C. Requirements to Claim Prizes: Potential winners will be notified by a message sent to their inbox of the social media profile they used to follow Sponsor’s social media channels on or about February 26, 2016. The potential winner must reply and provide a mailing address, which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide a mailing address within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or Grand Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Grand Prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable Grand Prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, the entry and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
D. Prizes are Non-Transferrable; Substitution: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or prize component should become unavailable for any reason.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties, as hereinafter defined, are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing or judging of entries or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry.
9. Release and Indemnification: By submitting an entry, each Entrant (including without limitation any winning Entrant), and his or her heirs, successors and assigns (the “Releasing Parties”) thereby release, forever discharge and covenant not to make a claim against or sue LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which the Releasing Parties may have or hereafter have against the Released Parties by reason of any injuries or damages Entrant may sustain, whether to Entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the Sweepstakes, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein.
Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the Sweepstakes, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein.
Entrant and the Releasing Parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.